where to buy server locally

Darin Wayrynen darin at deru.net
Tue May 30 17:06:57 MST 2006

> Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:12:35 -0700
> From: Derek Neighbors <derek at gnue.org>
> Subject: Re: where to buy server locally
> To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
>
> Mike,
>
> Mike Garfias wrote:
> > Also need a good colo facility, any recommendations?
> >
> Try Pure Gig ( http://www.puregig.net/ ).  They are located in Phoenix
> and I believe actually provide Deru their bandwidth.   Stepping up a
> rung on the food chain reduces the price by quite a bit.
>
> --
> Derek Neighbors
> Integrum Technologies

We get some bandwidth from Puregig and some direct from Level 3 - we
load balance across the two two networks.  When one network fails or
undergoes maintenance, we have fall over capacity to the other
network.  When one part of Puregig's network goes down we have 6 other
connections to other parts of their network to take over.

I suppose it depends on what you are purchasing, but I don't believe
you can buy things much, if any, cheaper from Puregig than from us.

When selling space in our cabinets in their colocation facilities,
we'll sell in units smaller than they will sell direct.

For the budget conscious we sell space in our own colocation facility
for less than what Puregig will sell space to us, and we are one of
their largest customers.

The cheapest you are going to get into our colocation facility is $106
per month.  For that you get access to remote rebooter ports, serial
console ports, bandwidth, and 24/7 customer care.  We think that is an
equitable price for the service we provide.

There is no way we could stay in business selling colocation space and
bandwidth for $21.20 (the quoted 1/5 of our price someone mentioned
earlier).  It's hardly worth our time to bill and service a colocation
customer for that much money.  We don't understand how anyone else
could stay in business either, unless their game plan is grow big and
sell out, at which point economics don't figure into the equation.

We'll, within reason, gladly match any local carriers pricing.  Just
send the quote to sales at deru.net, or fax to (480) 993-2294 and we'll
see what we can do.

Darin Wayrynen
Deru Communications