Next OpenLDAP Question

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu May 18 19:40:27 MST 2006

I don't know the different accounts setting them up on the command line but
there is an option in phpldapadmin to add a Samba3 Account. Is this what I
should do or just a regular account?

I haven't got the books yet, so what I am doing is making changes with
ldapadmin then looking at the command line to see what it did. I pretty much
understand it, just putting it all together now without many resources is
kind of tough.

nathan

On Thursday 18 May 2006 17:25, you wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 15:32 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> > Do you have to have samba setup and using the ldap backend for any type
> > of login authentication or is just LDAP enough?
> >
> > I'm playing with a few web based things that have the ability to
> > authenticate logins via LDAP... Needless to say it is not working for me,
> > but I have not tied samba in yet, but was curious if that is required?
>
> ----
> I use LDAP to authenticate everything/everybody including samba users
> and http users (authz_ldap)
>
> This is one of those things that RHEL/CentOS does exceptionally well...
>
> authconfig
> up2date authz_ldap or yum install authz_ldap
>
> samba users/authentication is necessary only for samba, perhaps squid if
> using ntlm authentication
>
> Craig

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations