Next OpenLDAP Question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu May 18 17:25:17 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 15:32 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> Do you have to have samba setup and using the ldap backend for any type of
> login authentication or is just LDAP enough?
>
> I'm playing with a few web based things that have the ability to
> authenticate logins via LDAP... Needless to say it is not working for me,
> but I have not tied samba in yet, but was curious if that is required?
----
I use LDAP to authenticate everything/everybody including samba users
and http users (authz_ldap)

This is one of those things that RHEL/CentOS does exceptionally well...

authconfig
up2date authz_ldap or yum install authz_ldap

samba users/authentication is necessary only for samba, perhaps squid if
using ntlm authentication

Craig