PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 11, Issue 46

Jason jason at spatafore.net
Wed May 17 21:18:50 MST 2006

 >>  Thanks for the suggestions. I had already opened VNC access in YaST, but
 >>  had
 >>  not known about the Display Properties setting. I made sure of both this
 >>  time, and rebooted, but no joy. VNC just stone doesn't work. My clients on
 >>  both the XP and the iMac just trundle for a couple of minutes, then report
 >>  "Server not found". I'm talking about accessing from machine son my own
 >>  local net here. I haven't tried getting in from outside my router/firewall
 >>  yet.

Question: Are you trying access the VNC server by host name or IP address?

If it's hostname, you will probably need to edit the host file on windows to let it know where to find the server. Also, if you have your firewall going on the linux box, you need to let it know which hosts can access the VNC port. These are just a couple 'simple' ideas that come to mind.

Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore