PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 11, Issue 46

Alan Gore agore at qwest.net
Wed May 17 20:57:03 MST 2006

Daniel,

With Novell Suse 10 and Gnome desktop, I have to go into Yast as root, and
then down to Services, and into Remote Administration to allow VNC access.
Next, in your Display Properties, I also have to allow VNC.

In remote administration it prompts to open the port on your local machine
for VNC access.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already opened VNC access in YaST, but had
not known about the Display Properties setting. I made sure of both this
time, and rebooted, but no joy. VNC just stone doesn't work. My clients on
both the XP and the iMac just trundle for a couple of minutes, then report
"Server not found". I'm talking about accessing from machine son my own
local net here. I haven't tried getting in from outside my router/firewall
yet.

I'll keep experimenting!