bridging

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue May 16 19:41:03 MST 2006

maybe look into the Beowulf stuff.  I know like 7 or so years ago I
was looking at the Beowulf project and noticed an ethernet-binding
kernel module.
I'm sure by now they've integrated it into the kernel somehow... if
they haven't... well... someone else can run with the ball.

On 5/16/06, Empty <plug at emptiedout.com> wrote:
> I don't think you will find this to be as useful as you hope.
> Shotgun-PPP was created specifically for this task- I don't think
> there's an equivalent in ethernet land, especially when the remote IPs
> aren't guaranteed to be together. You could try making two routes to the
> internet (route add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 eth0; route add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
> eth1; ) and get some very crude round robin routing stuff going on, but
> I don't think it will work properly. You may be SOL, but I would do some
> heavy googling and wait for more replies here.
>
> ~Ben
>
> Nathan England wrote:
> > I have 2 cable modems running on seperate connections. It's a shame really
> > that both of these are running and I only have 1 pc. It's really a shame that
> > said pc has 2 network cards...
> >
> > What's the easiest way to take advantage of this situation? I used to call
> > this shotgunning, but I guess that term hasn't been used in a while.. Windows
> > calls it bridging? is that right?
>
> --
> ---
> "Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.
> For you, it would just be a really long boast."
>         -Tara
> http://www.emptiedout.com

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte