Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon May 15 20:06:38 MST 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:28:23AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it if but only if it wasn't an attempt
> to make it another generalized meeting like the one at Sequoia. My
> interest would be to have a small business orientation with each month
> being a different topic on this line (and I presume that small business
> also encompasses soho). Topics along the lines of TCP/IP networks, DHCP,
> DNS, LDAP, SMTP, IMAP, Web Applications, FOSS usage of
> databases/OpenOffice, etc.

Not to take away from doing these things at west side meetings...

The BSD users group is focusing more on these kinds of things. While
we're obviously doing it in BSD, many of the tools are the same or
similar to Linux. Last presentation was Kerberos, and the upcoming
presentation is system monitoring with Nagios, Cacti, et al. Most of us
also use Linux to some extent, so you shouldn't worry about flame wars.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |