Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

Jason Spatafore jason at spatafore.net
Mon May 15 11:54:06 MST 2006

FYI: A good spot for the "west side" meeting would probably be Deer Valley
Community Center. It is located around 19th Ave. and Union Hills, which is
1/4 mile from the loop 101. Another option is to try something at Paradise
Valley Community College. My only reason for this recommendation is the
freeway access. PVCC is 1 mile from the 101 and 1/4 mile from the 51. This
places it in a more convenient location. I never attended the west side
meeting @ GCC because GCC is a real pain to get to...there are no freeways
which are located within a mile or two of the college. It was a stop-go
hassle which added 15 minutes of travel no matter which direction you came
from.

I am probably speaking of more of a North Side meeting. After all, the
locations I speak of are in the northern Phoenix area moreso than the
west.

Which also makes me question that we should have 4 meeting areas. East
side in the Tempe/Mesa locale. West Side can probably stay at GCC. North
Side at PVCC and maybe even a South Side located somewhere else. (I would
have no idea since I'm in the north side.)

Somebody once did a map that showed the population density of PLUGers a
little while back. Maybe that can be a good start to go with when picking
it all out. But hey, that's my two cents. I don't want to cause disruption
because I can't contribute much time to the issue.

OH, BTW, my work is looking for technicians..I should place that on
another email chain though.