Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Mon May 15 06:36:55 MST 2006

Jerry Davis wrote:
> Just wondering out loud here (and I'm fairly new):
> is there a school/place closer to central phoenix where E/W could both
> meet at one time? What about where the development meeting takes place?
>
> That way everyone is "inconvenienced" the same way. I know it would not
> be easy. I, for instance only live 2 miles away for now. However if my
> house EVER gets built that will be a different story, but I will still
> come never-the-less.
>
> But that way our meetings would be a little bigger, no separate
> meetings would mean that a presenter would only be obligated to present
> to one group -- we might get more presenters that way. Also the
> comraderie would be better.

Just speaking out loud for myself here, but why would we want to
inconvenience people on a regular basis?  If the East Side has 50
regular attenders 40 of which live with 15 minutes of the meeting why
would you want to move the meeting?  Bigger isn't necessarily better.  I
have a hard time believing that the West Valley doesn't have Linux
users.  I certainly vote to not move the East Side Meeting.  It is right
off the freeway and with the East Valley going further and further East
it is now almost Central anyhow.

Perhaps PLUG as a whole could do some events to lure new people into the
community on the West Side?

My Two Cents...

--
Derek Neighbors