qmail mta vs. cox.net

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Fri May 5 09:14:11 MST 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Randy Melder wrote:

> And log results:
> tail --lines 1000 maillog | grep cox
> [nothing]
> tail --lines 1000 qmail/smtp/current | grep cox
> [nothing]
>
> Any other log files I should be inspecting?

Is there anything in your log file for the other messages?  I'm
wondering if there's just nothing for this message, or if you have a
problem with your logging setup as well.

qmail has a -different- way of doing logging (like it does everything
else it's own way).  If you haven't configured the run scripts for
the logging process, it might not be recording anything at all.

alex

.