Fedora Core X startup

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue May 2 12:20:09 MST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:26:20AM -0700, Kenneth wrote:
> I have a small irritation (actually one of many) with Fedore Core 4. When I
> start X, or log in from gdm, it pauses for 2 minutes or more while the
> "starting metacity" icon is showing, then when it passes that, the display
> comes up normally but mouse does not work for another couple of minutes. Once
> it starts responding, everything seems normal.

Many times mysterious delays (as opposed to failures) are due to
misconfigured DNS or resolve.conf. This may be your problem, or it might
not. See if you can properly resolve whatever is returned by the
"hostname" command.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |