syncing home partitions

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Wed Mar 29 14:02:00 MST 2006

My notebook is set up with centos, ubuntu, and a common /home partition
(shared by both). I'm setting up my desktop the same way (w/ fedora as
well). Before I leave home, I'd like to synchronize the /home partitions
between the two.
.) Is that practical?
.) Is 'rsync' the best program to use for this application?
.) Would it be wise to unmount the partition from /home and remount at
/mnt/home before syncing? (I'm thinking that some files will be open at
the time)
Any advice welcome.
--
-Eric 'shubes'