OT: Mac OSX

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Sat Mar 25 22:05:04 MST 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Kevin Brown wrote:

>> Well, for the same reason I run windows inside of VMWare... so I
>> don't need to reboot for a Windows app.
>
> VMware is not the same as Virtual PC.

They are different pieces of software but they effectively do the same
thing. Both allow you to create virtual machines that run on your desktop
inside of your current host OS.

I used VMware years ago when I did Linux on my desktop/laptop. Now that
Linux only lives on my servers and OS X is my primary desktop OS, I use
Virtual PC. I found both to be excellent products. The last time I
dual-booted was the mid-90's and I was thrilled to kiss that practice
goodbye forever. Virtual machines are very good stuff.

--
~Jay