Blocking bittorrent?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Mar 14 12:49:46 MST 2006

Am 12. Mar, 2006 schwätzte Carl Parrish so:

> How can you tell if your ISP is blocking bittorrent uploads? I've noticed
> that on the last 6 or so torrent downloads that there hasn't been *any*
> upload traffic. I find that hard to believe. So how can I find out if this is
> cox or not?

Move to DSL or Cox Business and stop paying for restricted access to the
Net :).

I noticed the other day that Cox seems to also not provide results from MX
lookups :(. No warning that they're dropping the requests either.

As to the torrent grab one you know always gets traffic in both directions
or grab one of the torrents that didn't have uploads from somewhere else.

For the former see Austin's link to the Mars torrent, which should still
be in heavy usage.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "If it's not a toy you're looking at it wrong." -- der.hans