Google on April 13th

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Mar 11 02:52:41 MST 2006

Am 10. Mar, 2006 schwätzte Scott so:

> Recording this event should be paramount, in that case.  Some of us have the

We want to record it. Alan mentioned that we can't do video as the slides
are not allowed to be given out. We should still be able to do audio as
another group did. We have to check ahead of time.

> ability to do so, I believe.  Perhaps we could coordinate efforts in

Dennis has been working on recording options for the meetings.

I'm certain he'd be happy to have some help.

ciao,

der.hans

> conjunction with Google's enterprise environment requirements (this is an
> open forum, after all) in order to provide maximized coverage of the event.
> I'm sure the global interest would be intense.
>
> I would not be opposed to discussing any concerns that anyone would have over
> it.
>
> -Scott
>
> Alan Dayley wrote:
>
>> We announced this at the East Side Meeting last night.  We are very
>> excited about the tremendous support of PLUG from Google.  We are also
>> excited about the topic of this presentation since it should attract many
>> from the community at large.
>>
>> Next month's East Side Meeting will host a presentation by Google's Vince
>> Busam.
>>
>> Topic: Linux Desktop in the Enterprise
>>
>> "This will cover aspects of Google's internal enterprise environment. This
>> encompasses rolling out and maintaining thousands of Desktop Linux
>> machines, the changes and bug fixes necessary in our environment, how
>> Google works with the Linux community to incorporate our fixes upstream,
>> and a look at some of the remaining unsolved problems hurting Linux
>> installations.
>>
>> "Vince Busam is a Systems Engineer at Google, where he works on deploying
>> and improving Linux on the enterprise desktop.  He previously worked for
>> Los Angeles based PhatNoise developing embedded Linux applications for
>> in-car multimedia entertainment systems.  Before that, he founded Los
>> Angeles based Scour, a leading multimedia search engine."
>>
>> Vince will be flying in from Santa Monica, California, specifically to do
>> this presentation.  Please note that this presentation is approved by
>> Google management and does include information relative to the Google
>> enterprise environment.  Google will also provide some nice door prizes
>> such as a lava lamp, USB flash drives and more.
>>
>> This presentation will be held at the Sequoia school, as usual.    Brian
>> Cluff (Sequoia's host and Steering Committee member) and I are working the
>> logistics.  We believe the location capable of handling the meeting.  We
>> are expecting the need for folding chairs and a nice, large projection
>> screen.  Brian is working to get a scrren but an established primary
>> source would be great.  If you have such things available, please discuss
>> here in this list.
>>
>> We are excited that this presentation will provide a significant boost to
>> the already good quality of PLUG meeting content.  It will also provide an
>> excellent opportunity to attract new people to the group.  I am looking
>> forward to the meeting!
>>
>> Alan

#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
#  your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on
#  a web site, and you must change them very often. -- Unknown