Google on April 13th

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Mar 10 09:01:58 MST 2006

We announced this at the East Side Meeting last night.  We are very
excited about the tremendous support of PLUG from Google.  We are also
excited about the topic of this presentation since it should attract many
from the community at large.

Next month's East Side Meeting will host a presentation by Google's Vince
Busam.

Topic: Linux Desktop in the Enterprise

"This will cover aspects of Google's internal enterprise environment. This
encompasses rolling out and maintaining thousands of Desktop Linux
machines, the changes and bug fixes necessary in our environment, how
Google works with the Linux community to incorporate our fixes upstream,
and a look at some of the remaining unsolved problems hurting Linux
installations.

"Vince Busam is a Systems Engineer at Google, where he works on deploying
and improving Linux on the enterprise desktop.  He previously worked for
Los Angeles based PhatNoise developing embedded Linux applications for
in-car multimedia entertainment systems.  Before that, he founded Los
Angeles based Scour, a leading multimedia search engine."

Vince will be flying in from Santa Monica, California, specifically to do
this presentation.  Please note that this presentation is approved by
Google management and does include information relative to the Google
enterprise environment.  Google will also provide some nice door prizes
such as a lava lamp, USB flash drives and more.

This presentation will be held at the Sequoia school, as usual.    Brian
Cluff (Sequoia's host and Steering Committee member) and I are working the
logistics.  We believe the location capable of handling the meeting.  We
are expecting the need for folding chairs and a nice, large projection
screen.  Brian is working to get a scrren but an established primary
source would be great.  If you have such things available, please discuss
here in this list.

We are excited that this presentation will provide a significant boost to
the already good quality of PLUG meeting content.  It will also provide an
excellent opportunity to attract new people to the group.  I am looking
forward to the meeting!

Alan