svn ignore

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 9 19:20:26 MST 2006

This doesn't make sense to me and the svnbook is a bit unclear and I'm
obviously unfamiliar with svn..

$ svn propset svn:ignore -F config/environment.rb

svn: Explicit target argument required

I really want to ignore the entire config directory...

$ svn propset svn:ignore -R config

svn: Explicit target required ('config' interpreted as prop value)

obviously it is not considering what I am providing to be explicit
targets

$ svn propset svn:ignore -R ON config
property 'svn:ignore' set (recursively) on 'config'

OK, it looks like I got it...

$ svn status
M      app/controllers/placements_controller.rb
M      app/views/layouts/placements.rhtml
M      log/development.log
 M     config
M      config/database.yml
M      config/environment.rb
 M     config/environments

looks like I don't got it...does the space in front of config and
config/* mean something?  It suggests in svnbook that 'ignored' files
won't show in svn status at all?

What am I missing?

Craig