need access to a free shell

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Mon Mar 6 07:56:25 MST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 07:21, Judd Pickell wrote:
> I would probably recommend setting up a VMWare server instance so you can
> have any os and access you need without requiring someone else to give it
> to you. You can run any OS (except maybe OSX) with a very small footprint
> easily enough. And it is free to use.
that would be fine, except for a few small points:
1. outside testing using specialized tools
2. access to third point(s) of reference for network continuity
3. ability to run some services "off circuit" (such as a private bt tracker or
webspace or the like).

There are a lot of other reasons.

I did find the problem with pf though. seems that between the version on 3.7
OpenBSD and 3.8, there was a change in how the block filter works relational
to everything else. :(

will have to research how to mitigate the fault now.