kernel

Mike bmike101 at cox.net
Thu Mar 2 03:17:52 MST 2006

New adventure: upgrade kernel. The new os I put on here wasn't good (things
didn't work) so I thought that maybe I should just do this.

Right now I'm running a 2.4 series kernel. If I were to upgrade to a 2.6 would
I experience any problems (like things not working). Alternately, if I were
to upgrade to the latest 2.4 kernel (32) what would I need to do (in
preperation I d/l the 2.4.32 kernel and it turned out to be a patch <54KB>)?
Should I just install the patch or would I have a problem?
I also d/l a 2.6 kernel (2.6.15.4) and it was MUCH larger (4991kb).

Awaiting your valued assistance!