Looking for another developer

Jay Jacobson jay at edgeos.com
Wed Jun 28 20:01:18 MST 2006

Edgeos <http://www.edgeos.com> is hiring again, looking for a great
software developer. This position will be responsible for development
of the Edgeos private-labeled network security services platform (both
front-end and back-end). No recruiters or agents, please. The quick
scoop on this position:

All of our servers are Linux with Apache and PostgreSQL, so you would
have to be great with that (although if you know MySQL, you can figure
out our PostgreSQL stuff pretty easily, so that would be fine). All of
our code is written in Python and PHP (although we are phasing out PHP
in favor of more Python), so you would have to be great with Python and
at least a little PHP knowledge too. Particularly Python, since
probably ~80% of our code is Python stuff on the back-end of our system.

We are looking for someone with some real-world development experience.
Someone that has a "natural aptitude" for being a great geek/developer
(you know what I mean) and a couple/few years of real-world experience
would be great.

We have all the great startup challenges (we work our asses off) and
rewards (dream job atmosphere, lots of freedom/flexibility, being a
core member of the business, exposure to lots of business aspects,
thriving on free thinking and creativity, etc...). We work hard and we
have a great time doing it.

To apply for this position, please email your resume as PLAIN TEXT (no
attachments), and your salary expectations, to <careers at edgeos.com> and
put "Developer Position" as the subject. Additional information to be
considered for this position may be included in the message as well.

ABOUT EDGEOS:
Edgeos focuses completely on private-labeled managed vulnerability
assessment services. Nothing more, nothing less. Every aspect of Edgeos'
system can be private-labeled, enabling companies to create complete
managed vulnerability assessment service offerings for their customers
almost overnight.

Customers have used Edgeos' services to quickly and accurately identify
vulnerabilities on thousands of networks spanning across six continents
around the world. For more information contact Edgeos' sales team via
email at <sales at edgeos.com>, via telephone at 866.334.3671, or visit
Edgeos' web site at <http://www.edgeos.com>.

--
..