Compaq DL380: Fan speed

Badger, Shawn SBadger at cskauto.com
Tue Jun 27 13:41:07 MST 2006

I haven't tried it on a first generation DL380, but it would be worth a
shot! I know there have been several hardware changes made from the G1
to the G2 servers, but you never know.

I was running RedHat 9 on a G2 never had to install any extra software
to get the fans to slow down. That being said I wonder if there is a
BIOS update that may solve this problem as well.

Sorry I don't have more information, but I shied away from the Compaq
line until after a huge HP dog and pony show to convince how good they
are. After a month of testing on a demo box, I finally was satisfied
that it wasn't the same old Compaq box that didn't work with anything
that didn't say Compaq on it.