First Linux Experience

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Jun 27 08:09:59 MST 2006

My first Linux experience was, er, '96? Redhat 4.[012]. I was trying to
run a startup ISP with Windows servers. It was pure hell. A new hire got
me to try Linux, and within months we'd migrated all the servers over.
They were all installed as Redhat, but after install we immediately
removed all the packages and built everything from source. Back then
there was too much lag between source patches and RPM releases,
especially for an ISP. Over the years I've used redhat/fedora and slack,
mostly.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |