First Linux Experience

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Jun 27 07:50:38 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:12:03PM -0700, Jared Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 21:09 -0700, Slide wrote:
> > actually wish there was a cross between Debian and Gentoo (Debian
> > binary packages with Gentoo's configuration and init scripts), that
> > would rule. I've thought about rolling it as my own distro, but
> > haven't had the time.
>
> If you did that, I would be your number one groupie...

Gentoo was/is modelled largely after BSD, right? Same kind of init as
slack? If you get to a point where you've got some time and a box to
play with you might want to try one of the BSDs. Even if you blow it
away and load Linux it's still fun to see what's out there. OpenBSD's
package stuff is nice, and getting even better.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |