Lisping and Scheming

Fritz Kolberg fkolberg at qwest.net
Fri Jun 23 12:23:21 MST 2006

Craig,

If you want to start with Lisp first, I would recommend Scheme,
which is a modern (1975), cleaned-up dialect of Lisp.  An excellent
introduction to Scheme is:

    "The Scheme Programming Language"
                R. Kent Dybvig

The full on-line text seems to be available at http://www.scheme.com .

Also, Wikipedia will point you to free Scheme compilers.

Good luck.

Fritz