(OT) Plugger seeking job

Wagner, Steven G digital9ja at cox.net
Fri Jun 23 02:09:03 MST 2006

When I needed money I donated plasma twice a week for $50, worked at Labor
Force for $6/hr digging ditches in July in river rock and clay and pulled pc
repair jobs when I could get them. I had to be out the door at 3:30am and at
Labor Force (on Broadway in Tempe) at 4am to beat the Mexicans. I made about
$40-$50 a day doing that and they pay you every day. Otherwise, it SUCKED,
but I was glad that when I was reeeeaaaally hurting for money those
opportunities were there.

Actually, I did get a cake job through that same labor place hanging
Christmas lights for rich people. It was through an electrical company and
it was easy and really kick back. Especially compared to the sprinkler ditch
digging. My back still hurts thinking about that damn pick-axe. :|

Have you gone to Adecco Technical, Tri-Staff and the other temp agencies? At
my job, they send us temps all the time who don't know things like even how
to correctly install floppy drives (twist goes towards the drive, pin 1,
etc.) and the guy I'm training now asked me what a bios was. I think he's
making like $11/hour and we're on OT so it's almost $17/hr just to build all
kinds of computer systems. I just teach them carefully, let them take their
time and I thoroughly check all their work to ensure our customers continue
to receive great quality. But someone technical like you would really pick
it up fast and they'd probably keep you around and offer you a permanent
position after about 6 months.

Another thing I did when I was down on my luck was volunteer at the
Sprinzel-Murphy community outreach. It's a food bank. I always felt so good
knowing that even though I was low there were people hurting worse than me
and that I was still in a position to help my fellow man. I think that
really made a difference in keeping me positive and confident during those
tough times.

Anyway, good luck. I know how it feels, but have faith and get out there and
bust your @55. Something's gotta give and that next light at the end of the
tunnel can't always be a train!

Peace