CMS for family website?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Jun 21 14:08:16 MST 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 01:48:59PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I like Joomla! but experience with the PLUG community, a generally tech
> savvy group, does not give me confidence it will be friendly enough.  If
> PLUGgers can't find how to submit new items, my non-techy family has no
> hope!

I've been using Drupal, and I think it's a bit more intuitive to add
content, etc. Built-in modules to a fair amount, and other modules cover
everything else like calendars. Install and upgrade are pretty easy,
too. If you can, install it and try it out. Needs php4/5 and
mysql/postgresql, and likes mod_rewrite. If you do try it and get stuck
on something feel free to give me a yell and I'll help if I can.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |