OT: need an opinion

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Jun 20 16:12:32 MST 2006

Manager: There is no budget for additional backup space.

IT Guy: How much budget is there to recover if we loose half of our data?

Manager: That would probably bankrupt the company!

IT Guy: So, budget for a good backup solution looks pretty cheap by
comparison, right?

(I know that it is not that simple nor does this comment help much.  It
always amazes me when data backup is neglected by a business.  A proper
solution may cost a lot but it is always cheaper than losing it all.)

Alan