can linux save my life again?

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 11:16:05 MST 2006

Ok, maybe not my life but my pc. Linux has saved my
butt a couple times in the last year. I am now working
from home and built a pc for this purpose. The
drawback is that it is as a windows programmer. So
windows is the only OS on my desktop. :(

Problem is that I was so excited to get it built and
working that I forgot to supply the SATA driver to the
windows install. So it installed the win boot loader
on a 20 gig partition of a secondary IDE drive; and
Windows on the first 80 gig of my SATA.

This is not what I really want. I want to boot from
the SATA drive. And I dont want to spend another 15
hours installing windows and the software I need.

What I'd like to do is move the windows partition,
setup the boot partition, and add Fedora on this box.

I was thinking i could use the GParted Live distro to
move the windows partition, then install Fedora and
use GRUB to boot windows. (and maybe get VMWare
running windows under linux. :)

Does this soudn like it could work?

Thanks
-j aka "plug village idiot"