chroot rpm -Uvh

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Thu Jun 15 19:17:40 MST 2006

Next problem I have no idea about with my chroot jail: ;)

When I rpm-Uvh whatever.rpm from inside the jail, I get:
error: failed to stat /proc: Too many levels of symbolic links

This should be fairly easy. In order to replicate the /proc directory
under the jail, I simply (minded) did:
ln -s /proc $JAILROOT/proc

The symbolic link exists, and seems to be ok for most other (not many
though) purposes.

I don't know what rpm uses it for. rpm -q commands seem to work fine,
and the package seems to be installed ok (the error message appears
right after the command, before the updating hashes, and the command
completes).

Jeremy (or anyone else), how do you set up /proc inside a jail?

TIA
--
-Eric 'shubes'