Graphic Cards for Suse 10.1 and Fedora Core 5

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Wed Jun 14 22:45:40 MST 2006

Carl Parrish wrote:
>  However now I do have my
> monitor telling me that the resolution is now set at 1280x768. While
> system-config-display says my resolution is at 1680x1050.
This had something to do with the DVI cable. So far I haven't be able to
get my monitor to accept DVI as input. I had tried putting both my
analog and my dvi cable in connection them both to the video card and
switch the input to DVI (I can't even get to the Monitor's menu from
DVI). I don't think its the cable because I swapped one that I knew
worked. Don't think its the video card. 1) because I just changed cards.
and 2) I can use a VGA to DVI adaptor and the same connection works.
I've already returned on Monitor thinking it was broken. The replacement
I got now has the same issue. So I'm betting its a configuration
problems somewhere. Anyways all this to say that I got my resolution
fixed. (by using the analog cable).