replicate sockets?

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Wed Jun 14 19:08:38 MST 2006

I'm trying to set up and "sandbox" (I don't know if that's the right
term or no) for building and installing packages w/out actually
installing them on the system, in a chroot environment.

I don't imagine that I'll need any socket files, but I'm curious. I have
  two socket type files that I stumbled upon:
srwxrwxrwx  1 mysql mysql 0 Jun 14 07:27 /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Jun 14 07:27 /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

Is there some way to create or copy them using shell commands? From what
I can tell from a brief google, they're created by a C program.

Would someone please clue me in?
TIA
--
-Eric 'shubes'