Debian or Ubuntu for a desktop box?

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Mon Jun 12 21:46:00 MST 2006

Just made me think of something.

I'm running ubuntu on my server now as Deb's 64bit port was broken last I
checked.  I've had a number of annoyances with it.

All related to what gets installed by default.  What doesn't go in.  Things
like traceroute and whois.  Things like C compilers.  Not hard to fix, but
annoying when they're not there.

Alex Dean spoke forth with the blessed manuscript: