OT: computer donations?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:36:25 MST 2006

As a volunteer in the AZStRUT program I can say that we happily accept all
such donations.  Actually, any electronic gear is welcome.  You should be
aware that the oldest equipment often goes directly to the recyclers rather
than being used.  Many of the schools and other organizations we supply with
systems for training or use are only interested in Pentium III and up.  I
expect within the next year they will change that to P4 and up.

At the same time, letting us send the oldest things to the recyclers is
still a win-win as the recyclers pay us for the material which helps support
the program and ecologically the cleanest disposal of some heavy metals etc.

I guess the point is that donated systems don't always end up in a users
hands though most do.

On 6/7/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 07. Jun, 2006 schwätzte Steve Smith so:
>
> > I've got an AMD K6/200 with Win95 that needs a home other than the
> > landfill or under my desk. I don't have a monitor to go with it at this
> > time.
>

> Ran into this http://www.kidcomputers.org/ at AZ Chain Reaction the other
> day.
>
> http://www.azcr.org/directory/view-list.php?catid=544
>
> I think that's the charity Red Seven works with.
>
> There's also http://www.AZStRUT.org/.
>
> > U n f o r t u n a t e l y . . .
> >
> > The CPU has a bug that prevents Linux from booting on it. I can,
>
> Sad.
>
> > however, provide a shrinkwrapped Genuine(tm) Windows(tm) 95(tm)
>
> Sad, as well. :)
>
> > certificate of authenticity. Anyone know of a cheritable entity that
> > would want such a beasty?
>
> Both of the above should be fine with it.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Join the League of Professional System Administrators!
> https://LOPSA.org/
> #  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either
> #  got salt in her eye or she's been listening to Air Supply."
> #    -- Alice Cooper, 08Mar2005

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote