OT: computer donations?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Jun 7 14:25:15 MST 2006

Am 07. Jun, 2006 schwätzte Steve Smith so:

> I've got an AMD K6/200 with Win95 that needs a home other than the
> landfill or under my desk. I don't have a monitor to go with it at this
> time.

Ran into this http://www.kidcomputers.org/ at AZ Chain Reaction the other
day.

http://www.azcr.org/directory/view-list.php?catid=544

I think that's the charity Red Seven works with.

There's also http://www.AZStRUT.org/.

> U n f o r t u n a t e l y . . .
>
> The CPU has a bug that prevents Linux from booting on it. I can,

Sad.

> however, provide a shrinkwrapped Genuine(tm) Windows(tm) 95(tm)

Sad, as well. :)

> certificate of authenticity. Anyone know of a cheritable entity that
> would want such a beasty?

Both of the above should be fine with it.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either
#  got salt in her eye or she's been listening to Air Supply."
#    -- Alice Cooper, 08Mar2005