How to stop recurring "Welcome" email message in kmail?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Jun 7 10:50:26 MST 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 09:39 am, Dan Lund wrote:
> Nah, Mandrake is a pretty decent distribution for the desktop for
> Novice to Intermediate users.
> I used to use it for a bit back in version 8.
> That said, win4lin should work on just about any distribution.
> Whether they support it on that distribution is another story :-)

There seems to be a considerable gap between "should work"
and "actually does work."

I have researched this extensively for more than a year and Mandriva
and PCLinuxOS (based on Mandriva) are the only "major mainline"
Linux distributions that I have been able to find where people have
actually achieved successful and satisfactory installations ... and I do
have it working on my Mandriva 2006 installation.  Win4Lin is offered
with Xandros and Linspire, but both of those have file structures and
other unique characteristics that are, imho, outside of the Linux
mainstream.