Mythtv with Qwest Choice service?

Steve Smith foodog at uswest.net
Wed Jun 7 08:30:31 MST 2006

KevinO wrote:
> Steve Smith wrote:
>
>>>The Motorola RG2200C spews 3 data streams out the coax 'video out'
>>>connection: channels 6, 7 and 13. They supply 3 remotes, one per output
>>>channel.
>>>

> That is potentially very cool. You can record two different streams at
> once, and then view a third.

Unless Mythbusters, The Daily Show and Harvey Birdman all air
simultaneously that'd be overkill for me. Also, the cable box only
supports IR on one channel, 6. The other two are UHF-only.

Never one to pheer ugly hacks, I've mused about a gadget with servos to
physically push buttons on the remote: "The Universal Remote
Translator!(tm)".

>>>I have a sad hack in place to record under Windows for now. I tell the
>>>cable box what show to tune at a given time, then tell the WinTV
>>>Scheduler what time to record, and for how long.
>>>

> Very lame.
> ;-)

Tonight I'll be loading OpenSuse 10.1 on the box to see if that behaves
any better.

Steve