Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:15:13 MST 2006

According to that page there are several ways to accomplish the upgrade.
The simplest being to check your current update manager is new enough and
then to run it from the System/Administration menu so I did that.

The update manager correctly advises me that 6.06 is available and has a
button to do the upgrade.  All seemed to go well until it says:

Failed to fetch http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ots/ubuntu/breezy/Packages.gz 404 Not
Found
Failed to fetch http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ots/ubuntu/breezy/Sources.gz 404 Not
Found

in a dialog box and clicking OK then aborts the upgrade.
koti.mbnet.fibeing a Canonical domain and that I got the same errors
on 4 tries is making
me curious.  I guess I should try another method.

On 6/6/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 06. Jun, 2006 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:
>
> > Yup, I just found that page.  Thanks for the fast response
> though.  There
> > are some words on the download page at the mirror I tried today that
> refer
> > to this.  Perhaps I just did not see them yesterday.
>
> It probably wasn't there. I had forgotten that someone else had to point
> out the page to me as I didn't see it in any documentation.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Join the League of Professional System Administrators!
> https://LOPSA.org/
> #  As we enjoy great Advantages from the
> #  Inventions of others we should be glad of an
> #  Opportunity to serve others by any Invention of ours,
> #  and this we should do freely and generously.
> #  -- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), on his refusal to patent his
> inventions.

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote