Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:26:16 MST 2006

I've been following this discussion about the results people are seeing but
no one seems to mention the procedure they are using.  I find that curious
in that a search on the Ubuntu web site seems to only give the procedure
from BEFORE release where you issued a command to include pre-release
repositories.  Oh, I did see some references about change "breezy" to
"dapper" in a file but it also was not clear about the whole procedure.

Now I have not downloaded the CD image to see if using it detects your
current installation and offers to upgrade but one would expect to see more
info than that there is a new tool you can use to do an upgrade.  I'll dl
and make a CD tonight, but if any of you experts could point me at any clear
instructions for doing the Breezy -> Dapper upgrade, I would appreciate it.

On 6/6/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 06. Jun, 2006 schwätzte Austin Godber so:
>
> > Then again ... update-manager just hosed my install at the pcmcia-cs
> > package point.  Thats OK ... I knew i was taking the cheap way out and
> > not even logging out of X to do my upgrade ... Its time for a reinstall
>
> Shouldn't need to log out of X to do a dist-upgrade. After the upgrade
> maybe, but not to do it.
>
> > anyway, its been a few years.
>
> Shouldn't need to reinstall. Boxen should be installed once unless you're
> changing distros. Heck, maybe not even then. I'm thinking about trying to
> go from sarge to dapper.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Join the League of Professional System Administrators!
> https://LOPSA.org/
> #  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
> #  SHOT 4 TIMES WITH A .44
> #  NO LES