Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

Wagner, Steven G digital9ja at cox.net
Sun Jun 4 22:02:42 MST 2006

>That said, the primary advantage of Ubuntu is the "it-just-works" issue.  For most people, particularly so-called "typical"
>users, Ubuntu works without hassles, and doesn't force them to learn a bunch of new stuff.

Well I'm glad there's a wonderful new OS out there for people who don't like to learn (or as they always say, they don't have time). That just reinforces my view of Ubuntu being the windoze of Linux. I won't write a diatribe on this subject, I've just been thinking that I missed something great about Ubuntu and was missing out. Now I know I'm not missing out on anything. Fancy little name, though! At least it's still Linux, that's all that really matters I guess. Enjoy.