OT: High speed without ISP?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 2 21:53:14 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 18:58 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Just to let everyone know what happened:
>
> I found out that I have vDSL from Qwest. Normal DSL is not available,
> and neither is a static IP address. I can't use another ISP either. I'm
> locked in to Qwest for my ISP, with no static IP. My only option would
> be Cox, and I'm not going there.
>
> I decided to use DynDNS's Mailhop Outbound service. There's a limit of
> 150 relays/day, but it only costs $15/yr, and $10/yr for additional
> increments of 150. The only destinations I've had a problem with are
> cox.net and my brother's work. I seemed to remember getting a bounce
> from AOL too, but I can't confirm.
>
> I found out how to tell qmail to route outgoing email through DynDNS's
> service only for domains that I specify (control/smtproutes file), and
> it's working nicely. Everything else (the majority by far) goes straight
> out from my server to its destination.
>
> BL, I don't need a static IP address after all. I'm really liking
> DynDNS.org. qmailtoaster.com is pretty nice too, but the documentation
> is sketchy (welcome to Linux ;) ).
>
> Thanks for all the input.
-----
Use smarthost features...

Sendmail
define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.west.cox.net')

Postfix
relayhost = smtp.west.cox.net

Of course, you would need to change the smtp.west.cox.net to
pop.phnx.qwest.net or whatever it is for Qwest but it's something very
close to that.

This would get all your mail delivered.

Craig