How to install lilo to the MBR?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Mon Jul 31 13:19:08 MST 2006

Joe,
  It sounds a  lot like your main system partition is mounted incorrectly.  All of these locations should be in /, not /mnt.   I'm guessing that you're either working with a strange setup or you're trying something a little backwards.

If you're trying to run entirely from the rescue CD, these should all work correctly to install lilo in the MBR.  If you're using the rescue CD to boot your already-installed Linux, it sounds like the fstab is perhaps a little bit off.