Boot loader problem - how to get rid of Boot Magic

joe joe at tlnf.com
Mon Jul 31 10:46:46 MST 2006

Thanks again.

I did find a fix for the rescue-reinstall boot loader problem
at MandrivaExpert.com.  However, after getting a "successful"
reinstall of the bootloader, when I tried to boot, up came
Boot Magic again.  So now I guess the question is, how to get
rid of Boot Magic so it won't interfere with Lilo?

Joe at Actionline.com

-------------
Michael last wrote:
Now you got me stumped.. I use Grub. I do know there is a way to fix
your problem, but now you have to use the list. If there is not a issue
saving data, I would just install as new. If there is a data issue,
reinstall, and do not wipe out partitions.use the existing ones, and do
not reformat. I have done this with SuSE and retained all of my data and
program files. There should be an option though to reinstall/repair the
bootloader though. I would also recommend googling for mandriva
bootloader repair, or something along those lines. Google can be your
best friend, it is mine ;)