OT (Partially Off Topic) Qwest DSL and DirecTV -vs- Dish Network

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Jul 13 12:38:36 MST 2006

I've been on $4.95/month dial-up and Cable America TV cable for years, but
lately I've been seeing some aggressive "bundled" services promotions that
are tempting (but confusing).

So, the first part of my question is partially "On Topic" as it pertains to
DSL service.

As as I read the latest Qwest "bundled" services promotion, it appears that
the $82.96/month for home telephone -plus- 1.5M DSL -plus- 155-channel
DirecTV translates to $36/month for home telephone -plus- $17/month for 1.5M
DSL -plus- $30/month for DirecTV (all prices set for the first 15 months).

Am I missing something?

Are there better options to consider?

Now to the off-topic part:

I also have a promotional coupon for Dish Network for $19.99 per month for 70
channels (price set for the first 10 months), including two free DVRs and up
to 4 TVs.

Does anybody have any experience with DirecTV -vs- Dish Network?

Which is better?

Are there some other, better options?