Advocacy: A discouraging conversation

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 14:14:32 MST 2006

Speaking the opposite way, some people think it is
their 'right' to drive, when in fact it is an earned
priviledge, not a right. THAT fry's my buns when
someone who looses his/her priviledge to drive by
whatever means, and continues to do so because 'I have
the right' mentality. Or I have to, or whatever.
Didn't see a drivers license attached to their or my
birth cert.

Enough, this could go on for ever.

--- Siri Amrit Kaur <tigerflag at tigerflag.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 July 2006 09:25 am, KE7FEG kindly
> wrote:
>
> > So sometimes, to correct wrongs, a 'bill of
> rights'
> > has to be forced down someone's throat.
>
> What I object to is the use of the _term_ "Bill of
> Rights" being used
> in these kinds of legislation. It diminishes the
> real Bill of Rights,
> which is already hanging by a thread. It puts into
> people's head the
> false idea that government grants us our rights.
>
> Siri Amrit
> --
> Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC
> www.tigerflag.com

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.