Advocacy: A discouraging conversation

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 09:25:31 MST 2006

--- Siri Amrit Kaur <tigerflag at tigerflag.com> wrote:

> The idea of government _granting_ us a "Healthcare
> Bill of Rights",

Well, well back in the 'dark ages', er, last century,
I almost got arrested trying to get a copy of my
medical records. I was uninsured as I had been layed
off and the healthcare provider for the employer
refused to give me my records. In fact, they DID call
the police and the police gave me a choice of walk out
NOW or get arrested just for asking for MY records!
This was before the Healthcare bill of rights was
passed by congress. The 'system' wouldn't give me my
own records then.

Now, well, just ask. Granted, for some there is a
'service charge' and maybe a 'come back in two weeks'
thingy, but they will give them to you personally.

So sometimes, to correct wrongs, a 'bill of rights'
has to be forced down someone's throat.

Another H/C issue that sticks in my craw is the fact
that a dr in this stupid state and most others, can
dump all records as soon as he quits practicing. I
have no record of when my disabling condition was
first diagnosed as a result of the drunk, yes, I know
that for a fact, dumped the records when he retarded.
Got BOMEX to contact him and he emailed me that fact.
I quit going to him the time I had a 9am appointment
and at about 10:30, standing outside the well
overstuffed waiting room, I saw him staggering from
the hospital across the street and got down wind of
his breath. I left and never went back, found someone else.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.