Advocacy: A discouraging conversation

Kevin Brown kevin_brown at qwest.net
Wed Jul 12 00:52:04 MST 2006

>  Propose legislation to cripple the most important technological
> development in 100 years and you get scarcely a peep from the public.
>
>  Take away their beer and football and there would be rioting in the
> streets.

They riot even with the football/baseball/basketball...

Congratulations, the school system is doing exactly what it was meant to
do.  Kids graduating from K-12 are barely literate, have issues doing
2+2 without a calculator and have little or no real curiosity about the
world around them.  And yes I do know this is a very vast over
generalization...