multiple logins & devices

Scott spbz at cox.net
Thu Jan 26 12:38:44 MST 2006

Josh,

It shouldn't be a problem as long as they're in the same group (I think
it's the audio group, at least, that's what it is in Debian) and as long
as whatever program is running in another session that grabs the audio
device is shutdown.  If that isn't a possibility, then perhaps a sound
daemon such as esound or artsd could be used.  If you've got a few
bucks, the SoundBlaster Live! is an excellently supported soundcard that
has multiple hardware DSP's so that you can run multiple audio programs
without the use of a software sound daemon.

-Scott