programming on linux

Austin Godber godber at uberhip.com
Mon Jan 23 14:23:40 MST 2006

Josh Coffman wrote:
> a clue how to program on linux also. Maybe Java. Maybe
> Python or Perl. Anyone care to make recomendations
> that one could fit into an already busy life. I could

Welcome Josh,

Here are some references:
Python Tutorial
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

Perl Book in PDF Format
http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/

Ruby Book
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

Really, it depends on what type of stuff you are interested in doing.  I
don't know of any equivalent resources for C or C++.  Sun, of course,
has a ton of Java documentation.

I have recently become a bit of a ruby fanboy.  But admitedly I was
pleased that I could extend the ruby pcap wrapper to parse ARP packets
in an hour or two without knowing any ruby to begin with.

Austin