resend - need email server recommendation

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Tue Feb 28 10:43:02 MST 2006

Alex Dean wrote:

> http://shupp.org/toaster/
>
> Very detailed howto on setting up a virtual-domain-centric qmail.
> You'll end up with :
>  - qmail MTA
>  - Courier IMAP & POP
>  - vpopmail : program for managing virtual domains in qmail.
>  - ezmlm mailling list manager
>  - autoresponder support
>  - qmailadmin : Perl CGI that lets you manage just about everything
> through a web interface. (vpopmail, mailing lists, and autoresponders)
>  - SquirrelMail webmail
>  - optional instructions for spamassassin, clamav, simscan, and a
> bunch of other handy stuff.
>
> The mailing list for this setup is active and helpful.  I've been
> running this setup on a FC2 box for about 8 months with 0 troubles.
> It's really nice.

If you're not going to just hire bill to set it up for you (which I've
done of a few occasions - well worth the price) This is by *far* the
easiest way to get qmail running on FC. I've had a FC2 mail server
running without issues for over a year now. Before finding out about the
toaster I tried following a book. Took me 2 weeks to get it set up the
way I wanted and adding spamassassin proved impossible. No problem with
the toaster.