Technical help for Julie

ben francom bfrancom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:28:19 MST 2006

Problems I've had in the past:
1) Bad CD's or image files.  Did you check the checksums and verify
the installation discs?

2) In the BIOS, check the hardware settings.  If ATA: turn off UDMA.
If SATA, change SATA emulation to use "seperate ide controller"

3) Other hardware problem.  Have you tried unplugging the box so no
power gets to the mobo for 30 seconds?  I've had hardware not work
properly due to memory problems, and that was the only way to clear
it.

Have you tried a Live CD like Knoppix to test?